Monday, March 29, 2010

And I was going so well!!

ARGH! After an easy day with food, I got hungry after uni in the afternoon (after I'd eaten a delicious roast beef and salad bun). I had a hot cross bun, and then began dinner. We had kangaroo sausages and curried veggies - both of which I won't be having again any time soon, as I suck at cooking! The sausages tasted tough, yet raw, and the veggies tasted like overcooked zucchini. I was so disappointed, and thus, felt like eating, and here I am now, after raiding the pantry and going over my points by 100. I'm a hopeless case. And I was going so well...

So my new plan, beginning tomorrow is not to count points daily, but weekly. 19 points per day equates to 133 per week. I've found that I have to eat this many per week (no less), but I still haven't mastered listening to my hunger signals. So, I will eat a) only when I'm hungry, and b) only healthy, filling foods. I will track food as I go, but not plan my day out like I have been (though I'll plan dinners to be no more than 8 points, and preferably 6-7). At the end of the day, if I'm well over 19 points, I'll keep a close eye on my points the next few days, to make sure it's not a habit. At the end of the week, if I have any points left over, I'll treat myself (e.g. if I have 3 points left, I'll make a batch of pikelets worth 3 points, or get a WW dessert). I won't go from Friday to Friday though (as I don't want to eat saved points right before weigh in in case there are a lot). So I'll began counting on a Saturday (meaning I eat any saved on Fridays post weigh in). This also means that if I feel hungrier on the weekend, I can tighten my belt through the week. All saved points will disappear Sat morn, 12am, and the 133 will begin again. Hopefully this week work!!

I'm a little depressed over my binge, so I'll leave it there tonight. Back tomorrow! Hopefully after a better day...

No comments:

Post a Comment